Once your connected to take payment, here's the next step
The next step
Before you make your event live, please double check:
- The dates are all correct – event dates, deadline dates, deposit scheme balance due date (if used) in particular.
- Your Exhibitor packages are correct and all packages have a reveal description – this is added to the sales receipts. E.g. Grass surface. Electric provision not included. 2 x Trade Exhibitor passes. 1 x vehicle pass. No tables, gazebo or chairs included.
- You have ticked to accept the Event Owl admin fee and Stripe fee – without these being ticked sadly we cannot process your event.
- You can then choose when the event goes “live” to take bookings, by signing into your account, and click on the “Make Live” link next to the events listing.
What happens after I make your event live?
1. Provide a link to your website to your Event Owl event page or why not embed the booking form on your website? Please do this on your trader information page so that it does not confuse your site visitors with ticket sales.
2. Promote your Event Owl webpage to traders on the usual social media means, and interact with us by sharing and liking etc.
3. When you receive your first trader application we will notify you by email. This application will be on your dashboard.
4. Sign in, go to the Organisers tab, select Organised events and you will see in the far left column that you have Exhibitors highlighted in bold, please click on this.
5. This will bring up your Exhibitor applicants list.
6. Click in to each one to review the application – please check their insurance box marries with their insurance document, and their risk assessment and any other industry related certificates, covers all potential accidents.
7. If they meet your approval, click Approve. If not, or you have sufficient in that category, click Decline, and we will let them know.
8. If you clicked Approve, we then validate the traders card. If the card is validated (i.e. there are sufficient funds to cover the transaction) the payment is processed and you will receive either their deposit or payment in full, whichever they decided at their check out time.
9. The first wave of payments through Stripe our payment gateway, takes apx 10 days to reach your bank account after you approve the Exhibitor. , this depends on the bank your account in is. They deliver these payments in packages.
10. If an Exhibitors card is declined, we send both yourself and the trader an email to this effect. They get full instruction on how to correct this payment. We chase these up for you automatically, but a direct email from an organiser usually speeds up the process. We advise that their pitch/space is not reserved until a payment has been received.
11. We then send the Exhibitor an email advising that they have now been approved, and that they now fall within your event terms and conditions and that you’ll be in touch with further information nearer the event date.
12. We will place their sales receipt – on your behalf – in their dashboard, you also have one. Please do not send a copy of your receipt, as yours includes your selected Stripe Fee and our Event Owl fee figures.
13. If they paid a deposit we will remind them 10 days before its due, and then if the card payment fails, we follow a similar process to obtain their payment as before. Advising everyone concerned.
14. Likewise we follow a similar procedure if their insurance runs out and they do not update their profile. As soon as they do update this, it updates at your side too.
That’s the process – we do the majority of the work for you as you can see.
When you receive your first application, there will be three forms of spreadsheet made available to you to download. Any question, package etc purchased will be reflected, so to the application and the payment status.
We have some FAQ’s under the Organsier tab, a user guide which you might have found there too, but for anything else please contact our team. Email us with as much detail as possible, email is best so we then then have more detail on the problem, and forward it to the relevant team member.
Thank you choosing to use Event Owl.