Once you are signed in all your information is kept under the Organisers tab, then under Organised Events. Our app also allows you to approve or decline your exhibitors - even "from a sun bed on a beach" as one organiser told us.
Event Owl creates a separate work area for each of your events, complete with exhibitor status and a useful downloadable, Excel spreadsheet you can use at your event if you've no Wi-Fi on site, just download it, save it as a document beforehand and away you go.
We have standardised the exhibitor booking and application forms to ensure this information is clearer for the exhibitor, yet you can create more question fields on your application form which are added as new columns on your spreadsheet.
We can take provisional bookings by phone once an Exhibitor has a profile in under two minutes! We will inform you via email when you have a new applicant.
Approve or Decline an Exhibitor
- Sign in
- Select Organisers, then Organised events
- Go to the event you wish to work on
- In the far right column Purchases, you will see Exhibitors (number) if this in bold then you have an application awaiting a decision.
- Click on Exhibitors (number) to reveal who has applied. It will have Awaiting Approval. If the Awaiting Approval is in bold purple it means they applied over two weeks ago and should take priority.
- BEFORE you get too exited by your first exhibitor booking please follow our advice:
- Check their sale's receipt to see what they've booked (never send them your sales receipt, yours differs from the one they receive)
- Check their application form to see if what they have booked marries with the type of exhibitor they are. If they are a Street Food trader, like any application, check what they wish to sell. These days many caterers sell tea/coffee/soft drinks and there are many cross overs in menu's too.
- Check their risk assessment is satisfactory for your event - most use our HSE based template check they have put on their company name, their name and a date - if they use a gazebo have they covered this - many forget!
- Check their Insurance document/image details marry with the three insurance details boxes on their form
- If you click on their name - left column, this opens up a simple exhibitor profile page where you can visit their website/social media accounts, look at other events they've booked into with Event Owl etc
- You can apply a set discount BEFORE you click accept, see our FAQ's for advice on how this works
- THEN click approve or decline - we will check their card has sufficient funds available, and ckeck the card for validity. All being well, funds will be with you in your bank account in five days (10 days for your first events first transaction batches).
NOTE: If you prolong your decision to approve for too long (which is unfair on your Exhibitors really as they will be organising their diaries and may get snapped up by other organisers in the meantime) we may suspend your account, but release it again once you've made decisions on those Awaiting approval. You may have missed one on a different page so please check all your pages.
If an Exhibitor wishes to Withdraw from your event and they have paid either a Deposit (in which case wait to refund once their funds are in your account) or Paid in Full, you must refund them from your Stripe account. This is for security purposes only. Event Owl has to have written authority to refund someone via your connected account, as it does not have direct links to your bank account.
- Sign in to Stripe
- Click on Purchases
- Either perform a search using the order number, surname or email address of the Exhibitor
- Click on this line and a new page with their payment information will pop up.
- Using the Refund option at the top, simply follow the instructions depending on your Terms and Conditions.
- The refund will take between 5 - 7 days to reach their account and the system will reflect the refund on your spreadsheet and theirs. They will not have access to their Sales Receipt if a full refund has been issued.
Event Owl creates automated sales receipts for each transaction. If you are VAT registered and need to charge vat on some/all of your exhibitor packages, you MUST provide your company registration number and vat details in your profile first. We will then add all your company reg. and VAT information on the sales receipt.
Organisers can always see their sales receipts, HOWEVER, your exhibitors sales receipt shows our Event Owl fee and Stripe processing fee if you've also absorbed this, they don't need to known this information. Also. they can only see their receipt once their funds have cleared into your account. You DO NOT need to send them a sales receipt - they can download theirs, once funds have cleared, at any time from their own dashboard.
The Exhibtors risk assessment, public liability insurance and any other documents they send/need to send to ytou as part fo the application, are attached at the bottom of each application form. These can be opened on your device if you have MS Word, Excel or an Adobe PDF reader. Some Exhibitors may attach JPEGS.
The system also allows you to create promotional/discount codes up to 99%. 100% discounts must be cleared through Event Owl. See under your Organiser FAQ's for further information.
Event Owl promotes your event on social media and via our e-newsletters to thousands of exhibitors only if you are taking paid bookings. The amount of paid bookings you take will dictate the number of times we post/tweet and include you in our newsletters.
Event Owl also notifies both you and the exhibitor at every stage of the process, no need for individual emails to advise on 'yes, we have your application', 'no, we have not made our decision yet', 'yes, we received payment' etc.
You can print off all your exhibitor details or use (where there is wi-fi) a tablet or smart phone to show your Health and Safety guru’s. Make sure you have Adobe Reader, MS Word and Excel apps on your device/s.
You can also extend deadlines simply by asking us via email. We will advise on the best route to use.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Call us on 0330 332 6224.
You are in control of who exhibits at your event, and for all the information you ask Event Owl to advertise.