Cannon Hall Farm Food Festival 2020
Cannon Hall Farm ( Food Festival at family visitor attraction in Barnsley. is known for its quality farm shop and delicatessen as well as its farm and adventure playground and has won many awards - earning the coveted Farm Shop Of The Year title in the Farm Shop and Deli Awards plus being named Best Animal Attraction and Best For Little Kids in the Days Out With the Kids Awards. ) and Food Festivals Ltd ( ) are delighted to be hosting the
As previous Taste of Yorkshire title holders, CHF takes food very seriously - which is why its annual food festival has become a staple in the foodie calendar.
Currently, CHF receives over 300,000 paying visitors each year which excludes the visitors going to the farm shop and restaurant. Plans are well underway to increase the size of the Festival and add more entertainment into the mix of what was already on offer during the last 5 festivals.
The event is over 4 days and has craft, health healing and well-being, food product and catering and alcohol exhibitors present - so there is something for everyone. The event opening times are: 10:00 to 18:00 each day. All pitches are on grass and all pitches are 3m x 3m. Marquees are provided for trade and craft exhibitors, but not for catering. However, if a trade or craft exhibitor are wanting to use their own marquee, this must be indicated on the booking form. Set-up day is on Thursday August and access is from on festival day. Exhibitor car parking is provided but will not be adjacent to your stand.
The categories of exhibitors are:
Craft - we consider a craft exhibitor to be: an individual who has a skill in making the entire product by hand.
- Beauty - hair and beauty services and products, aromatherapy, complementary and alternative therapies, card readings, diet and lifestyle coaching, massage and acupuncture
Trade - non-catering food products and all other products
Catering (Please note that no polystyrene packaging is allowed on site)
With the introduction and success of 'Pick your Own' for craft (please see definition of craft) and non-catering / trade exhibitors a couple of years ago, we have decided to continue this service. This allows you to pick the marquee or space that you would like to be in. This comes at a higher price than a normal marquee or space, but does allow exhibitors to be in the position they want. These will be done on a first come, first served basis. If the position has already been taken, we will notify you and suggest other options. Please see the Map in Exhibitor Packages for the numbers of the marquees.
For non-catering and craft, if you know that the products within your stand will not fit into a 3m x 3m marquee/space, please ensure that you order 2 marquees/spaces when booking. This will then give you a 6m frontage, allowing the space to showcase your products.
Items to note for Catering providers:
- If you are providing your own trailer the max size if you are wanting 1 pitch is a 5m length. Should your trailer exceed this, 2 pitches need to be booked.
- If you are booking a marquee space, please note that we do not provide marquees in the catering area. We have found that more and more catering exhibitors have their own branded marquees. If you require a marquee, we are happy to quote for one and will ensure that it is erected when the rest of the marquees are put up.
We will again be hosting a Health, healing and wellbeing area. For anyone interested in exhibiting, (who provide hair and beauty services and products, aromatherapy, complementary and alternative therapies, card readings, diet and lifestyle coaching, massage and acupuncture), we just require you to prove you have recognised qualifications where applicable on your application.
We will only accept bookings for all 4 days.
Deposit scheme - please ensure you click on the deposit button on the payment screen to only pay 50% on acceptance and the balance in July 2020.
We provide overnight security during the event (Thursday - Monday). Whilst we do everything we can to minimise any loss or damage to all the site, the exhibitor still remains responsible for any loss, damage, theft or destruction of any exhibit, goods, property or equipment during the set-up and event days. Please note that all marquees and signage on marquees need to be cleared by Monday evening.
CHF and FFL view this festival as a long term project and will be investing in it year on year so that it becomes an event that attracts both ‘foodies’ and family visitors alike. With the high quality of food that Yorkshire offers, we hope to attract exhibitors of such caliber so that the event becomes a showcase of Yorkshire’s finest.
The event is FREE to visitors and entertainment and seating areas will be provided.
There is a small parking charge for visitors of £5 per car, and this can be redeemed off the ticket price to the farm.
- Abi’s Usborne Books
- Art By Arjo Ltd
- Bags & Quilts
- Bespoke Brownies
- Big Mouth Gyoza
- Burger Co
- Charity Link obo Dogs Trust
- Craft Tea Company
- Daddy Cools Chilli Sauce
- Essentially Aloe
- Fein kost
- Fruity Tipples
- Gazelle Crafts
- Georgie Porgie Little Miss Muffit
- Glittergem Face and Body Art
- Happy hogs catering home of: Gourmet Scotch Egg Co
- Harrison distillery ltd
- Howey Nichols
- Jones Pies
- Just Jenny's Farmhouse Ice Cream
- Karen Ann's
- LA FOCACCIA LTD
- La pitta /previous falafel-taters
- Laura's Confectionery
- Lebanese street food truck
- Let's Go Catering Ltd
- Linfit Candles
- Lizzy’s Bizzy
- MELA Food Co.
- PODGE LTD
- Pretty Little Treat Company (Yorkshire) Ltd
- SWEET SISTERS CAKERY
- Shaw Meats Ltd
- Sheffield Dry Gin
- Simply Cakes & Coffee
- Simply Wood Fired
- Taste Peru
- The Big Red Oven
- The Cocktail Pickers Club lTD
- The Great British Cheese Company
- The Pickled Porker
- The Ribble Valley Gin Company Ltd
- The Yorkshire Crêpe Co. ltd
- Thom Crow
- Through Rose's Eyes
- Utility warehouse
- sticky chocolate
Apply for this event
The following documents are required when applying for this event (where relevant)
1. Public Liability (a minimum of £5 million for all exhibitors except craft where we will accept £2m
2. Risk Assessment
3. Gas safety certificates (if using gas)
5. Environmental Health rating (FSA or equivalent, minimum 4*)
6. Gas pressure test certificates (Coffee providers only)
Please upload these to your application in the Documents area of the application form on the next page.