Organiser user guide
Event Owl purposefully lists UK events for exhibitors.
We allow event organisers to advertise their event directly to potential trader exhibitors, as well as directing their own exhibitor database to the site to make a trade stand booking.
As an organiser you will have access to your requested information entered by each exhibitor, so no staff input errors at your end, plus you will receive all the usual “paperwork” directly to your dashboard.
Creating an event
Create your event using our step-by-step process, or, send us your forms and we will load them up for you.
Once you have created your event and completed all the steps required, then set up nyour Stripe account and linked it up to Event Owl, click the send for approval button. Once we have approved your event (we spot check your event insurance, local authority approval, vat details, charity registration and terms and conditions) only you can make it/them live on-line.
It is imperative you create your event as accurately as possible, we will double check for serious anomalies, but your terms and conditions should be passed through a legal representative before you cut and paste them into the box provided. If we feel your pricing categories could be misleading or improved we will advise you.
Event organisers MUST have some form of terms and conditions, and insurance, for your event, regardless of how small, to safeguard you and your exhibitors. Once your event goes live, you cannot change your events details without asking our team. Again this safeguards you and the exhibitors from fraudulent activity.
Once you 'go live' you should then link your Event Owl webpage to your website and encourage exhibitors to apply using your new Event Owl tool. Our marketing targets exhibitors, so you can be sure your event is being seen by the right people.
Interested exhibitors then apply through the system – we send you an email advising that you have a new applicant. All you need to do is check their application and their attached documents. You can 'speed check' them by clicking on their name on your exhibitor list. If their application is satisfactory, press the ‘Accept’ button. We then do the rest!
Answering questions from your Exhibitors
We can advise without hesitation that you will receive emails and phone calls about using our system! Questions we have probably heard a hundred times or more so don't worry. Many traders are used to tried and tested systems and not new technology like Event Owl. However after the second application most have got the hang of it.
Just do these three things...
- Establish the device they are using - 6 out of 10 questions we receive are mobile/tablet device related.
- Ask them if they have read the user guide/FAQ's, No? Point them to the Exhibitor tab (net the the Organiser tab) on the navigation bar where these can be found.
- If their question cannot be answered, forward their email or ask them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it from there.
Embed your event
You can embed our booking system into your own website — for free!
Give your website administrator access to the embedded codes in ‘Create an Event’ and they can set this up in another window on your website.
Setting up an account with www.Stripe.com is a prerequisit to using our system.
Stripe is a leading international payment gateway which sends your exhibitors’ money DIRECT to your account (less any fees). You’ll just need your bank details, an email address, and some form of ID. Event Owl and Stripe are highly secured using SSLencryption technology and we talk to each other to provide you with a superb financial accounting measure, giving you a full breakdown as and when you need it by both companies if needs be.
Event Owl can for the odd exhibitor, accept paper applications (which we will advise on so we get the right information) and process them in house, as well as any payment (cheques or bank transfers), and convert this into an application on the system. Therefore keeping ALL your exhibitors in one place and less paperwork for you to trip over in the office! We do charge a fee for this service however.
Once you are signed in all your informaiton is kept under the Organisers tab, then under Organised Events
Event Owl creates a separate work area for each of your events, complete with exhibitor status and a useful downloadable, Excel spreadsheet you can take on-site. If you've no Wi-Fi on site, just download it, save it as a document beforehand and away you go. We charge a nominal admin fee and advise that you also absorbe the card processing fee to get the best response and use out of the system.
We have standardised the exhibitor booking and application forms to ensure this information is clearer for the exhibitor, yet you can create more question fields on your application form which are added as new columns on your spreadsheet.
Process to Accept or Decline an Exhibitor
- Sign in
- Select Organisers, then Organised events
- Go to the event you wish to work on
- In the far right column Purchases, you will see Exhibitors (number)
- Click on Exhibitors (number) to reveal who has applied. It will have Awaiting Approval (It could also have Withdraw, if this is the case, 99% of the time the Exhibitor has realised they've made a mistake with their booking and needs to re-do it, so approve the withdrawl request). If you've approved the application, and then they Withdraw, then we will have advised them to contact you first. They are, after all, under your t's and c's once they are accepted. If the Awaiting Approval is in purple it means they applied over a week ago and should take priority.
- BEFORE you get too exited by your first exhibitor booking please follow our advice:
- Check their sale's receipt to see what they've booked
- Then check their application form to see if what they have booked marries with the type of exhibitor they are!
- Check their risk assessment is satisfactory for your event - most use our HSE based template check they have put on their company name, their name and a date - if they use a gazebo have they covered this - many forget!
- Check their Insurance document/image details marry with the three insurance boxes on their form
- If you click on their name - left column, this opens up a simple exhibitor profile page where you can visit their website/social media accounts, look at other events they've booked into with Event Owl etc
- You can apply a set discount BEFORE you click accept, see our FAQ's for advice on how this works
- THEN click accept or decline - we will send them an email to the effect and process their card if accepted.
NOTE: If you prolong your decision to approve for too long (which is unfair on your Exhibitors really as they will be organising their diaries and may get snapped up by other organisers in the meantime) we will suspend your account, but release it again once you've made decisions on those Awaiting approval. You may have missed one on a different page so please check all your pages.
Event Owl creates automated sales receipts for each transaction. If you are VAT registered and need to charge vat on some/all of your exhibitor packages, you MUST provide your company registration number and vat details in your profile first. We will then add all your company reg. and VAT information on the sales receipt.
Organisers can always see the sales receipts, HOWEVER, your exhibitors sales receipt does not show our Event Owl fee or card processing fee unless you decided to pass these on. Also. they can only see their receipt once their funds have cleared into your account. You DO NOT need to send them a sales receipt - they can download theirs, once funds have cleared, at any time from their own dashboard.
The system also allows you to create promotional/discount codes up to 99%. 100% discounts must be cleared through Event Owl. See under your Organiser FAQ's for further information.
Event Owl promotes your event on social media and via our e-newsletters to thousands of exhibitors. Event Owl also notifies both you and the exhibitor at every stage of the process, no need for individual emails to advise on 'yes, we have your application', 'no, we have not made our decision yet', 'yes, we received payment' etc.
You can print off all your exhibitor details or use (where there is wi-fi) via a tablet or smart phone to show your Health and Safety guru’s.
You can also extend deadlines simply by asking us via email. We will advise on the best route to use.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Call us on 0330 332 6224.
You are in control of who exhibits at your event, and for all the information you ask Event Owl to advertise.